Yorktown High School
Principal: Joseph DeGennaro
Assistant Principal: John Gollisz
Assistant Principal: Christopher Miller
Assistant Principal: Victoria Garrette
2727 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Phone: 914-243-8050 Fax: 914-245-0546
Yorktown High School
2019 Blue Ribbon Award
Vaping Workshop - February 12, 2020
2020-2021 AP United States History Class:
In order to be considered for this course, please read and complete the attached information.
- The application must be submitted to your teacher by Monday, March 2, 2020
- The writing sample will be given after school in the LGI (Room 183) between 1:45 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Big Buddy Application for 2020-2021:
Please click here for the materials you will need to complete your application for the Big Buddy program. ALL applicants (current juniors) must complete the following:
- Student Information Sheet
- One Page Sample Letter to Little Buddy (must be TYPED)
All materials must be returned to the box located in the Guidance Office no later than 2PM MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10.
National Honor Society:
There will be an informational meeting for all Juniors interested in becoming a member of the National Honor Society on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:15 in the LGI. To be considered for NHS, students must have a 92 (weighted) cumulative average and 60 hours of community service by March 1.
Prom Panel 2020
Attention all Class of 2020 Students and Parents/Guardians:
Prom Panel 2020 is TUESDAY, MARCH 3rd at promptly 7:00pm in the YHS Dr. Ralph Napolitano Auditorium. Each 12th grade student AND one parent/guardian must attend this entire presentation to be able to attend Prom 2020. Check-in begins at 6:15pm.
2020 Important Senior Yearbook Dates:
- 2020 Important Senior Yearbook Dates :(click here)
Senior On-Campus Parking Permits: Attention Parents of Class of 2020 SENIORS
All SENIORS with a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration are eligible for an on-campus student parking permit for ONE semester. Permits will be issued using a lottery system. ONE lottery will be held for the 2019-2020 school year assigning fall or spring parking (there is no choice of semester); there is a $5 parking fee for each permit.
Please review with your son/daughter the attached letter and driving/parking regulations (click here) before giving your approval for him/her to apply for a permit. An On-campus Senior Parking Application must be submitted via Google Forms click here. An email will be sent to your school email informing you that you have been assigned a parking spot. Please come to the Principal’s Office Suite - Room 110 to pick up your parking sticker. You must present your valid driver's license, a current vehicle registration and $5 fee - cash/check (payable to YCSD) in order to obtain your parking location and sticker.
Important News and Updates:
- 2019-2020 YHS Back to School Information
- 2019-2020 Back-to-School Night Information
- Information and resources on Chris Herren please click here
- In the event of a 2 or 3 hr delayed school opening, there will be a continental breakfast served until lunch is ready. Lunch service will consist of grill items, pizza, made-to-order sandwiches & salads and a pasta entrée. In the event of an early dismissal there will be no service, however vending machines will be available for snacks and beverages.
Student Assistance Program Information
It is the goal of the Yorktown Central School District that the information on our website is accessible to individuals with visual, hearing or cognitive disabilities. Efforts have been made to ensure that our website complies with New York State standards on website accessibility. If you are unable to access any media or page on our website please email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information on the location of the page or media you were attempting to access.